Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Day 15

Today was the day we left Borderlinks, so we're really getting to the end of the trip now. We had a slow morning, basically just packing up our things and coming back to the hotel. This time I'm rooming with Tammy, instead of being in a room by myself! After moving our things into our room, we headed to the University of Arizona. Along the way we got to stop for lunch, and I finally got to eat at Chipotle! It was so good! Then we all met up outside the Arizona State Museum, which is where we went the first day we were here. Maria came back from Borderlinks to show us around the campus and we got to see the library where we will be spending basically the next two days together. We definitely felt like tourists though, all filing into the library and being showed around. I'm sure some people thought we were in High School. Then, if we didn't look touristy enough, we all took a group photo in front of the Wildcat statue!
 It's a huge school and after being at Elon, I don't think I could handle being there! It was probably 5 times the size of Elon! It is a very beautiful campus though, I'll give it that. After our tour, we went back to the hotel and settled in to our rooms. Then some of us went to the pool to swim! It was a beautiful day and we sure took advantage of it! The pool was nice because it was heated! So I could actually stand to be in it!

After time at the pool we relaxed a little more before going out to dinner. We went to this English-style pub called Frog and Firkin and it was really interesting! I had these things called Polo Sticks and it was basically shredded beef, wrapped in tortilla, fried. It was delicious! I have to say, the food in Arizona is delicious. I'm going to miss it very much. After dinner we all headed back to the hotel and then jumped into the jacuzzi! I think the jacuzzi was the thing all of us missed the most while at Borderlinks. The jacuzzi. The last thing we did tonight was all of the girls hung out in mine and Tammy's room and painted our nails. Tomorrow is going to be a research day so we're going to try and get a lot of work out of the way tomorrow so that we can have some time on Thursday to just relax and tour around the whole campus and stores on our last day!

No comments:

Post a Comment